New text approved at the General Assembly in Aosta, Italy, on 06/01/2019
I. Aim and Composition
Art 1. The European Traditional Sports and Games Association, (here in after referred to as AEJeST), was founded on 28 April 2001 at Lesneven (France). It comprises sports or cultural federations, associations, educational institutions or societies and individuals whose aim is the management, promotion and the safeguarding of traditional games and sports in Europe.This Association aims to favor the development and practice of traditional games and sports in general, according to the associated groups.
Any form of discrimination on the basis of religion, gender, sexual diversity or skin color is forbidden. Its duration is limited. The headquarters are registered in “Mairie de Lesneven, 8 place du château, Lesneven – 29260″ and can be transferred to any other place upon decision of the General Assembly (GA).
Art 2. The practical work of ETSGA will be:
- To support the affiliated members by the creation of an information network.
- To support the setting up of other national or regional associations.
- To support the setting up of international meeting and conferences.
- To activate of a general policy of obtaining resources.
- To support the publishing of reports, booklets or books and the use of informational and training technology.
- To support research aiming at listing and creating educative, sport or recreational application of the traditional games and sports.
- To support any initiative or youth educational policy which improves the life quality of the general population (adults, the elderly, the disabled, etc.)
Art 3. AEJeST is composed of organizations and individual members which have been admitted to membership by the Council, as per art. 1, and confirmed by the General Assembly (GA).
It can be enriched, individually, by members with the title of “qualified people” and honorary members.
Any reference to a position, partner or member will be made respecting gender equality, without any kind of gender-based discrimination.
Art 4. The members contribute to the functioning of AEJeST by a yearly fee which shall be decided by the GA.
Art 5. Membership of AEJeST shall be forfeited as follows:
a) For the organizations:
- By withdrawal of themselves
- By expulsion upon Council’s decision caused by a serious infraction, unless an appeal has been submitted to the GA. The president of the organization in question shall be required to give explanations in advance.
b) For individual members:
- By resignation.
- By expulsion agreed by GA. for very serious reason, unless an appeal has been submitted to the General Assembly. The concerned person shall be summoned in advance to state his/her case.
II. Administration and functioning
Art 6. The G.A. of the AEJeST is made up of representatives of the associations, the full members of the Council of Administration, as well as individual members. The individual members will take part at the GA with delegates, according to a system adopted by the Council. Proxy voting is allowed, and an only proxy vote is allowed per person. Honorary members may take part in the debates but they have no right to vote. Minutes shall be taken for each meeting.
Art 7. The GA shall meet once a year with an ordinary character, and, with an extraordinary character, each time it shall be convened by the President, either at the request of the Council, or at the request of at least one third of the members with a right to vote.
The Agenda shall be set by the Council and sent to each affiliated association and individual member, at least one month before the meeting.
The functions of the GA shall be:
- To hear, and eventually votes reports of the Council on its management, activities and situation of the association.
- To approve the economic settlement of the previous exercise and the Budget for the following.
- To organize the election of the Council members.
- To endorse the entry of new organizations (associations) or individual members.
- To approve the annual fee for groupings and for individual members – To approve honorary members proposed by the Council or affiliated members.
- To approve the regulations and operating regulations of the Association. The modifications will be the responsibility of the C.A.
- To agree on the expulsion, at the request of the Council Board, of those members who incurred a very serious offense.
- To decide if there is a need for the dissolution of the Association.
The Annual Report, the Economic Liquidation, and the Budget for the following exercise will be sent to all organizations (associations) and associated individual members, once approved by the General Assembly.
The remunerated agents of AEJeST may be permitted by the President to attend the sessions of the GA in an advisory capacity
Art 8. AEJeST shall be conducted by a Council of 5 persons minimum and 9 persons maximum chosen in a personal capacity. Each member of the council shall have a substitute Each Council member has a substitute, except for the President who will be substituted by a Vice-President or by a person of the Council he will have chosen.
Candidates must be adults enjoying their full civic and political rights, and mandated by their federations or an individual whose candidature is accepted by the Council. Retiring members may be re-elected.
Art 9. The Council is elected for a period of 4 years by the GA.
Candidacy will consist of teams that have to indicate who will act as President, Secretary General and Treasurer.
The Council may distrust any of its members.
The Council will elect an Executive Committee among its members, formed at least by the President, the Secretary General and the Treasurer.
Art 10. In case of a vacancy in the Council, and that he/she cannot be replaced by the substitutes of the Council Board, a new nomination shall be provided at the next GA. The function of the members elected end at the same time their substitutes have been elected.
Art11. In case of a vacancy for the President’s position, he will be provisionally substituted until the next election by the GA, by one of the Vice-Presidents on the decision of Council Board.
Art 12. The Council shall meet at least once a year and each time it is decided by the President or on request of at least a quarter of its members.
A meeting shall only be valid if the attendance of at least half, including proxy-votes, of the members of the Council is reached.
Proxy-voting shall be permitted with a maximum of one vote per person. A minute of all meetings is to be taken.
Art 13. Members of the Council shall not be remunerated for their duties.
The remunerated agents of AEJeST may be permitted by the President to attend, in an advisory capacity, the meetings of the C.A.
Art 14. The President, or his representative, represents AEJeST in all acts of civil life. He orders the expenses.
In case of legal representation, the President can only be replaced by a delegated person, acting under a special mandate
III. Yearly Incomes
Art 15. The annual resources of the Association shall be the result of:
- The subscriptions and contributions of its members.
- The subsidies of state, regional and public institutions, etc.
- Resources exceptionally created for this purpose.
- From the product of the remuneration received for the service provided.
Art 16. The statement of accounts is carried out through an accounting process that includes an operating account, the result of the year and the balance sheet.
IV. Modification of the Statutes and dissolution
Art 17. The Statutes shall only be modified by the GA on the proposal of the Council or of a third of the members who compose the GA. Proposals to change the Statutes shall be placed on the agenda, which shall be forwarded to the affiliated bodies with a minimum of one month in advance.
The General Assembly will be validly constituted in the first call, when they attend it, present or represented, at least half plus one of the members with the right to vote, and in the second call whatever the number of members present or represented. The right to vote in the Assembly is conditioned to the payment of the corresponding social fees. Between the first and second call there will be a delay of 15 minutes.
In either case, modifications will only be adopted with a majority vote of two thirds of those present (or represented).
Art 18. If the convocation of the Assembly is requested in order to dissolve AEJeST, at least half plus one of the members with the right to vote must be present or represented at the Assembly, and the second convocation is valid whatever the number of members present or represented. A 15-minute delay will be allowed between the 1st and the 2nd call. Decisions must be taken by a majority of two thirds of the members present (or represented).
Art 19. In case of dissolution, the General Assembly shall appoint one or several delegates in charge to be in charge of the liquidation of all properties and assets of the Association.
V. Supervision and internal regulattions
Art 20. The President (or his/her delegate) will announce to the competent administrative authority, within three months, all changes originated in the direction of AEJeST.
Art 21. The Internal Regulations (rules of procedure) will develop the content of these Statutes.
Art 22. The present Statutes will be registered in Brest (France) by the President and the Secretary General.